Another recipe from my Baking workshop at Leiths, these raisin bran muffins are really 100 times better than they sound. Imagine an Elvenses bar, but better and so quick and easy to make. This recipe can also be found in Leiths Baking Bible. I'll be baking more of these pretty soon, such an easy breakfast to grab on the go!
200ml semi-skimmed milk
115g butter, softened
100g All-Bran cereal
115g golden caster sugar
2 eggs, beaten
170g self raising flour, sifted
1 teaspoon baking powder
Half teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
Half teaspoon ground cinnamon
Honey and oats for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees and line a muffin tin with 12 paper cases.
- Warm the milk and butter in a saucepan on a low heat until the butter has melted.
- Place the cereal and sugar in a bowl, stir in the butter and milk.
- Allow to cool to lukewarm before adding the eggs.
- Add the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon and raisins. Try to incorporate the mix well without stirring more than 20 times - other wise the muffins will become tough.
- Divide between the paper cases and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack before glazing with honey and adding a sprinkle of oats.
See my other post from this workshop for a raspberry sponge with elderflower mascarpone recipe.