Passionfruit, blueberry & poppy seed muffins
(From Skinny Weeks and Weekend Feasts) Makes 16 small muffins
225g self raising flour
75g caster sugar
1tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
a pinch of sea salt
2tbsp poppy seeds
zest of 2 lemons
75ml lemon juice
125g unsalted butter, melted
250g passionfruit curd
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Mix flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, poppy seeds and lemon zest together in a large bowl.
- In another bowl mix the milk and lemon juice, slowly adding the butter, egg and 100g of the curd.
- Pour into the flour mix and combine well.
- Gently stir in the blueberries.
- Divide between the muffin cases.
- Using a piping bag, pipe about 2 teaspoons of curd into the centre of each muffin.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden and the curd has sunk a little.
You can also use lemon, lime or orange curd.
My other passionfruit recipe can be found here, passionfruit cupcakes with white chocolate icing.