Mini caramel coffee cakes
(Makes 6 mini cakes)
85g unsalted butter, softened
55g soft dark brown sugar
1tbsp golden syrup
1 large egg, lightly beaten
100g self raising flour
1tsp freshly grated nutmeg
2tbsp espresso coffee
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees and line a bun tray with 6 cases.
- Beat together the butter, sugar and golden syrup until light and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in the egg.
- Sift in the flour and nutmeg and, with a spatula, gently fold in with the 2tbsp espresso coffee.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases and bake for 15-20 minutes. Until golden and firm to the touch. Transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool before topping.
For the topping,
150g unsalted butter, softened
1tsp vanilla extract
280g icing sugar
2tbsp caramel sauce
115g milk chocolate, melted
- Place the butter and vanilla in a large mixing bowl and beat until the butter becomes pale.
- Gradually sift in the icing sugar, beating well after each addition.
- Add the melted chocolate and caramel and continue to beat until well combined, light and fluffy.
- Pipe swirls onto the cooled cakes (I used a Wilton 2d...my favourite!)
Find me on Instagram, @S_LovesFood.