Autumn/Winter has set in. Finally! I can't be dealing with hot sticky trains. Arriving to work in my summer clothes only to freeze under the air conditioning through an eight hour shift. I'm that excited for the colder climates, I've already purchased some winter staples. Staples such as 1 kg of mini marshmallows for all those hot chocolates and a bear onesie. Completely necessary of course.
Blackberry and Cinnamon Streusel Cake
(Adapted from a Nigella's community recipe)
5 oz unsalted butter, softened
5 oz superfine sugar
5 oz ground almonds
5 oz self raising flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp vanilla extract
8 oz blackberries
35 g plain flour
25 g sugar
25 g butter
Icing sugar and cinnamon for dusting
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees and grease and line a 23 cm springform tin.
- Combine all the ingredients except the blackberries and beat well. Spread the mixture into the tin with a rubber spatula and then scatter the blackberries over.
- Make the streusel topping by rubbing together plain flour, sugar and butter and scatter over the blackberries.
- Bake for about 1 hour until golden and springy.
- Cool in the tin before adding a dusting of icing sugar and cinnamon.