Caramelised white chocolate,
2 x 100g bars of Green & Black's white chocolate, broken into pieces
- Preheat the oven to 125 degrees.
- In a rimmed baking sheet, place the white chocolate pieces and place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, remove the tray from the oven, stir with a clean spatula and spread evenly to thinly line the bottom of the baking tray.
- Repeat for 50 minutes, taking out each 10 minutes. You'll notice that after about 30 minutes the chocolate starts to get more golden.
I'm quite tempted to make another batch to use in another bake, but to try an extra 10-20 minutes. I tried some Valhrona Dulcey in the week and it's much more caramel-y, but I'm almost there! I made this the night before the brownies, stored it in a jam jar, then to melt just submerged it in a bowl of hot water whilst I prepared the brownie mix.
140g unsalted butter
200g dark chocolate, chopped
225g caster sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
2 large eggs at room temperature, beaten
1 large egg yolk at room temperature
85g plain flour
100g mini honeycomb pieces
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line a 20cm square tin with baking paper.
- In a ban marie, melt the butter and chocolate. Once melted, remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Stir in vanilla, sugar and salt.
- Mix the beaten eggs until smooth.
- Sift in the flour and beat for 1 minute until the mixture is smooth.
- Line the bottom of the tin with the mini honeycomb pieces before pouring the brownie mix over.
- Using a piping bag, drizzle the caramelised white chocolate on the brownie mix.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Allow to fully cool in the tin before cutting into squares.