1115g unsalted butter, softened
115g caster sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
115g self raising flour, sifted (take away 2 tablespoons and replace with Chocolate Malt powder)
1 tablespoon milk
Chocolate buttercream (serves 12):
150g unsalted butter, softened
260g icing sugar
50g plain chocolate
Mini Malteser bunnies.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line a cupcake tray with cases.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Slowly add eggs, one spoon at a time, and lightly beat after each addition. Add the vanilla extract.
- Using a metal spoon, gently fold in the sifted flour and chocolate malt, before adding the milk.
- Divide evenly between the cases. Finely chop a few Malteser bunnies, or regular Maltesers, and poke into the cake mix in each case.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes until golden.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in the microwave or in a ban marie.
- Beat the icing sugar and butter together in a stand mixer and add the melted chocolate once slightly cooled.
- Pipe onto cooled cupcakes and top with a Malteser bunny.