Seeing as its World Nutella Day I thought it only appropriate to make a Nutella cake!
(Recipe from BBC Good Food)
150g caster sugar
150g unsalted butter, softened
150g self raising flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp hot water
1 tbsp instant coffee
- Heat the oven to 160 degrees and grease and line a 9 inch tin.
- Add the sugar and butter to a bowl and whisk until light and fluffy.
- Whisk the eggs in a mug with a fork and then add them gradually to the mixture with 1 tbsp of flour each time. Make sure not to use all the flour.
- Add the rest of the flour and the baking powder to the mixture and fold in gently.
- Dissolve the coffee in the boiling water and fold into the mixture. Pour into the tin and bake for 30 minutes until golden and a skewer comes out clean.
Nutella baked doughnuts
(Recipe from Damn Delicious, makes 6)
85g plain flour
150g cup caster sugar
2 tbsp corn flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
110ml chocolate milk
1 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
1 1/2 tsp white wine vinegar
1 large egg
- Heat the oven to 230 degrees and thoroughly grease a doughnut tray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, corn flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the milk, butter, vinegar and egg.
- Pour the mixture over the dry ingredients and fold together using a spatula.
- Divide batter evenly into doughnut tray and bake for 8 minutes, until golden.
(Recipe from Tasty Kitchen)
60g Nutella Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
2 tbsp icing sugar
4 tbsp milk
- Stir together the Nutella, milk and icing sugar until smooth.
Use the Nutella glaze as a doughnut and cake topping before assembling.