Reese's Pieces cookies
(Recipe adapted from The Bearded Bakery)
115g butter, softened
100g caster sugar
110g soft light brown sugar
170g peanut butter
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
130g plain flour
1/2 bicarbonate of soda
1/4 tsp salt
a handful of Reese's pieces, chopped
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees and line an 8x8"deep baking tray.
- Cream the butter, peanut butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg and mix well.
- Add the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt into a separate bowl.
- Turn the mixer on low, gradually add the flour mix until well combined.
- Finally, fold in the Reese's Pieces.
- Spread the cookie dough over the baking tray and flatten with a spatula. Chill in the fridge whilst making the blondie mix.
(Recipe adapted from Smitten Kitchen)
113g butter, melted
218g soft light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
125g plain flour
150g white chocolate chunks
- Mix together the melted butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg then add the vanilla.
- Add salt, stir in flour and add the chocolate chunks.
- Pour over the cookie dough and bake for 30 - 35 minutes. Until you can feel the cookie dough is firm with a skewer.
- Cool fully in the tin before taking out to slice...
...or wear oven gloves to transport to your car, let them slide around your back seat over all those roundabouts and slice at your hosts house!